Destiny Scotland Limited is committed to minimising the impact of its activities on the environment.
The key points of its strategy to achieve this are:
- Minimise waste by evaluating operations and ensuring they are as efficient as possible in the office and across the apartment building locations.
- Throughout our properties we use energy saving light bulbs and where possible LED bulbs – LEDs are the most energy-efficient bulbs. They use 90% less energy than traditional incandescent bulbs.
- All apartments are equipped with economical washer/dryers and fridge freezers for minimal energy usage. Kitchens are fitted with induction hobs which are greener, safer and easier to clean than traditional gas and electric appliances.
- Actively promote recycling both internally and amongst our guests by providing recycling bins in every apartment and also communal areas where there is space.
- We encourage our guests to minimise the environmental impact of their stay by providing information on this pre-arrival and during their stay via our app & signage in apartments.
- Source and promote a product range to minimise the environmental impact of both production and distribution.
- Meet or exceed all the environmental legislation that relates to the Company.
We are constantly looking for greener suppliers and further ways to reduce our impact on the environment. Our strategy is to continue to improve and expand our service whilst remaining sensitive to the environmental concerns.